- A request for Secretary’s Environmental Assessment Requirements was lodged with the Department of Planning and Environment in February 2018. The assessment requirements were issued in March 2018 and guided the preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement for the proposal.
- A Preliminary Environmental Assessment was completed by consultants NGH Environmental during late 2017 and early 2018.
- Between March and August 2018, the potential environmental impacts of the proposal were assessed by consultants NGH Environmental and have been reported in an Environmental Impact Statement.
- The Development Application for the solar farm was submitted in September 2018. The solar farm Environmental Impact Statement was placed on public exhibition from 10 October to 7 November 2018
- The project achieved development consent from the NSW Minister for Planning and Environment in February 2019 under Part 4 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
The assessment and approval documents are available to be viewed online at the Department’s Major Projects website
The Development Consent and Conditions are available here’, ‘The Final Layout is available here’
The following Management Plans have been approved for the project:
- Biodiversity Management Plan
- Landscaping Plan
- Traffic Management Plan
- Environmental Management Strategy
- Cultural Heritage Management Plan
An Independent Environment Audit (IEA) was undertaken to assess the environmental performance and compliance status of the Sebastopol Solar Farm. The audit findings and the contractor response to the minor non-compliances can be found below: